HOST DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OPENING SCCARC KE4ZIP RADIO ROOM
- Unlock door and turn on lights.
- Sign in on form by door make sure current date is recorded.
- Turn on power supplies - switch under and at end of counter.
- Turn on ICOM IC-756 position #1.
- Turn antenna-selector switch from the ground position to an active antenna.
- At this Point, signals should be heard from the IC-756.
- Using the 2m monitoring transceiver sign on that KE4ZIP is monitoring frequency.
HOST USE OF RADIO EQUIPMENT
- Host Member must be General Class or above and be a Full Member. He/she may use Radio Equipment in
accordance with FCC Rules and Regulations.
- The Host Member provides the first impression of our Club to any visitor stopping by our Radio
Room. Make them welcome and explain about our Club using the handouts by the door. Ask that
they sign in so we may follow up on their visit. It is not likely that a visitor would ask to use
our radio equipment; if they should, politely explain that the Club policy is that only members
who have been trained, certified and licensed may use the equipment.
- THE HOST MAY GIVE A DEMONSTRATION OF THE EQUIPMENT WITHIN THE LIMITATIONS OF HIS/HER FCC LICENSE.
- Make every effort to keep Radio Room neat and orderly.
- If Members come in to borrow test gear etc., ask them to fill in the sign-out sheet.
CLOSING SCCARC KE4ZIP RADIO ROOM
- Before closing Radio Room, return chairs to proper location and dispose of any trash. Please
leave the room neat.
- Follow in reverse order the steps you used to open the Radio Room at the top of this page.
THANK YOU FOR VOLUNTEERING.